Sunday 1 September 2013

August catch up . . .

Hi di hi,

Tonight I am determined  to catch up with the list on my previous post here. Then I can start September with a fresh!! Which, in fact by the end of September there will be a lot going on with new beginnings! 

We have had such a slow laptop, so I haven't had the enthusiasm or time to download some of my holidays photos. We bought a new laptop on Thursday so, now's the time to catch up with you all.

I have been in Yorkshire this weekend trying to catch up with family one last time before the holidays finish. I went by myself with the two lil people and it is soooo tiring.
When I got home today I went straight to sleep on the sofa, only to be woken 5 minutes later by a car key being jabbed into my leg . . . . mmmmm not impressed!!!! So, I locked myself in the bedroom and snuggled under a fleece blanket. I love the smell of your own bedding when you have been away, especially when I had to sleep on the sofa at my mums!!!!


Right, so keep up. I am now going back to the beginning of august. This was our first week away together.
I posted about our trip to the beach in Bournemouth. We stayed in a lovely hotel, Bartley Lodge and the got up early headed to Peppa pig world.

I cant say it is my idea of a great day out, but when you have got little ones who love peppa pig, these things must be done.
We didn't tell the kids and my daughter actually guessed we were going there but didn't admit we were going there. When we arrived there, the kids were so excited.
Our faces had false smiles on when we saw the amount of people pouring into the park (nightmare).

we rushed straight to the peppa pig world attractions . . . . wow. It gave me goosebumps, with the music playing, and the fake grass hills and all the characters hidden around the place. It was sooo joyful to be there.

What to go on first???

Dinosaurs!
 
 
 
 
 The detail the park have gone into to make the rides and the viewing experience so interesting.

The queues are so long, that there needs to be things to look at whilst you are waiting.

We didn't get chance to go on all the rides because we queued for 1 hour for the helicopters and the kids were so fed up.
My 2 year old is at that difficult age, were he cant stand still for long, and occupying him for an hour in a queue is hell on earth!!! We decided to go into the main park and try the thrill seeking rides!!!

More rides at Peppa pig world are:

Balloons



 
Windy castle
 
 

 
Helicopters

 
 
We have quite a lot of peppa pig toys at home, and one of my sons favourite items is this campervan. He just couldn't believe the size of, he was a little disappointed that he couldn't ride on it!!!

 
I have tons more pictures of the place, but they don't really show how great it is. I would love to go to this place when its a lot quieter, so we could try all the rides.


So, we hopped onto a few of the other rides and oh boy did we have fun. I didn't realise my kids (5 and 2 years old) were such adrenalin junkies!!!


Tractor rides
 
 



Has we chugged around the gardens on the tractors, the attention to detail was, again, was amazing.
The had a full fruit and veg garden, herb garden and flower beds.
It was great to look at something beautiful rather than concrete and a metal track. The whole ride was just the right amount of time.
 


 
 
 
We also did digger rides, dragon roller coaster, racing cars, dinosaur land and those big 'wavey' slides.
I did feel sorry for my lil boy, he was too small for some of those rides, he took it on the chin most of the time and I didn't have too many tantrums!!!  
 
And, of course you have to go to the peppa pig world gift shop. Even I was excited in there. How could a child possibly choose from all those  . . . things. Clothes, toys, soft toys, games etc etc.
Surprisingly, they only picked  a soft toy each, dinosaur and Rebecca rabbit. I was saying to the kids 'sure you don't want anything else???' I should have been happy with what they chose. My partner bought a Daddy pig t shirt with a massive picture of  Daddy pig on it!!! The kids loved it, not very fashionable and more about that later!!!
 
Right ok, next chapter of our holiday is:
 
 
London
 
 
We booked to stay in the Novotel hotel in London Docklands, near canary wharfe. I was so excited about this leg of our trip. Every couple of years I like to re visit London . . . it kind of gives me a reality check!
 
I love London, I love the people and how cultural it is. it is steeped in so much history. But I couldn't live there. It is too busy and too much hustle and bustle for me.
It makes me realise that has much as I crave a cosmopolitan life style, it really isn't me and the next leg of my holiday proves that.
 
 
 

 
 
 
The traffic was so busy getting to our hotel, but I managed to get some half decent pictures of the sights.



 
Anyway, we arrived at the hotel a bit late and had to dump our luggage at the reception and jumped on the Docklands light railway to make our way to the London eye. It is a good job my partner used to live and work in London because I wouldn't have a clue where to go!!!
It was only when we sat down on the tube and burst out laughing, my partner had only put his daddy pig t shirt on for the kids in the morning and forgot to change it. He was soooo embarrassed. People either smirked at him, frowned at him or asked him where he got from!!!
 
 
We arrived at the London eye and it so much bigger than you think. And the views from the pod are amazing:
 







 
 
It was an amazing experience to see London from this view. I would highly recommend it to anyone. But, again the queues are just soooo long. Can you tell I hate waiting, I am so impatient!!!
 
We headed off for dinner to Wagamamas at royal festival hall. On the way we passed through south bank to see a variety of people performing. The kids just loved the man making giant bubbles. There were 100's of giant bubbles and loads of kids jumping, running and screaming to catch these amazing creations.
 
we watched some street dancers, and this kids wanted to watch them again and again. There is some serious talent down there.
 
When we managed to get to Wagamamas , we ate delicious noodle, drank nice cool beer and saw a few celebs eating in there!! Bonus!
 
 
When we booked our tickets for the London eye, we got an offer for ride on the London eye at night.
I was really looking forward to this, the kids didn't quite get why we were going on it again. Thank goodness the queues aren't so bad at 8pm!!!!
 
 





 
Because it was summer the sun was just setting, so it wasn't too dark but it still looked beautiful. If only I could have stayed at the top with a glass of wine and waited until the sun went down!!!
 
Well unfortunately I haven't managed to catch up with all my blogging business, but hopefully it hasn't been to boring and you will come back soon to see then next chapter of my adventures!!
 
I will be showing you pictures inside Liberty's . . . . . .mmmmm Liberty's!!!!!!
 
xxxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 
 
 

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment