Sunday 8 September 2013

A trip to the shropshire hills. Chapter 1: The bake off

Hello blog land,

I am try my hardest to stay ontop of my blog . . . can you tell!!!

I was woken up by my daughter today at 6.30. Because I had not slept well last night, I really didn't want to get up. I kept say '5 more minutes'. Sometimes I just wish they had a snooze button like alarm clocks.

Anyway I think I was on a mission of some sorts today. I had all these plans of what I was going to do, but the house was in a state to start with and it's never a good sign of things to come. I end up getting agitated. Plus, the other half was away til lunch (he'd been on a works night out in Liverpool :-/ )

The kids were fed and water, clean and changed. So I started to bake. Sounds ok, but I had not cleared the drainer from last nights washing up (O I wish I had a dishwasher, but our kitchen isn't big enough). It's never a good idea to start when the decks are not cleared!!!

What to bake first, I went for cake pops. Recently I invested in a cake pop machine because the process of making them from scratch yourself was such hard work. I made them once, tasted great but hard work.
I have to admit its so much easier with the machine but, they don't decorate as we'll, they tend to slide off the sticks. Also, they don't have the same texture.

Here they are:


Some turned out with flat bottoms like flying saucers. I realised the trick was to over fill the holes, hence the mess on the pan!! Also, to turn them over on the last couple of minutes because the tops are  less done then the bottoms. I have yet to decorate these, they may not get that far with the kids. I let them eat the flying saucers!!! 


You know when you want to bake fast so you try and do it discreetly without the kids knowing, but you know whatever is going on in the background when you are not supervising may not be good. 

I could sense that the play room will be a tip, every box will be emptied and scattered!!! 

So, what do I do . . .  Bake again. By feeding them the flying saucers, I could give myself a bit more time to make a tear n share choc chip scone loaf mmmmmm mmm.

Here it is: 
 
Come back later today for then next chapter!!! 
 
xxx
 






No comments:

Post a Comment