Sunday 2 March 2014

Last week

Hi all

I got some great response from my rainbow flower and the cardigan I showcased last week. Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Last week also saw me take my first steps in the new chapter of my life . . . a very big exciting, nerve racking one. But, if you don't try you will never know!!


Even before that, we celebrated a 3rd birthday in out house and we had a great day out at the snowdome in Tamworth. It was great fun. The kids went tiny tubing, sledging and then we all went swimming, 
We all slept well that night!!! 

I attempted a birthday cake for the birthday bot. Now, I like to bake but I am not a cake decorator and this is my first attempt at covering a cake . . . 


No laughing!!! If you can't tell what or who it is, the bottom layer is Mater and the top layer is Lightening Mcqueen. They are chaacters from the Disney film, Cars. My little boys fave film!
I was a good bake, made with traditional sponge mixture. He does't like jam so it was just a butter cream sandwhich!!

I made a couple of bags last week that I wanted to show you. I made them at the beginning of the week, whilst I was biting my nails off waiting for the news of my shop.

What do you think?




A draw string bag, or a pump bag as we called them in my day!!
I added a lining and it was quite simple after getting a few tips from the blog from 'skiptomylou'




Another small messenger. Pattern pieces are from michellepatterns.com
I think the red lining really brightens the pinstripe up. 


I added a flower to my bag that I made a few weeks ago. It compliments the tweed quite well I thought. I think I am addicted to these crochet flowers!!

Can you tell I am cramming in as much as possible?? I know I have some busy few weeks ahead!!!

Below is some more pictures of the beautiful building where my studio will. I am so happy that I will be situated in this beautiful period building. It used to be the hospital for Shrewsbury/Salop. 



This picture is a bit blurred, but this is the lower ground level where my studio will be. It is full of quirky shops of loveliness . . . I think it needs a yarn shop and then that would be the icing on the cake!
The whole place has a great cosy feel. The other shop keepers are so friendly and welcoming . 


This is the view from the terrace. The small arch window on the left is my little space. You can tell they used to be doors. It is a shame they blocked them up, it would be fab in the summer to sit and paint a pot, looking out at the river Severn. 


This is the view of the river Severn from the terrace at the back of the building. It will be divine in summer. The cafe is next door and is currently being refurbished and they have doors and a seating area onto the terrace it is such a fab place to sit and ponder.  



On a Sunday we usually have a treat of pancakes or a bacon butty for breakfast. But today I fancied something different. I looked for a breakfast muffin recipe on the BBC website and tweaked it to our liking.
I added mixed berries and oats and made a cuppa in my favourite Yorkshire mug. 

They went down a storm with everyone!!!

Catch up soon

Kel xx










 

No comments:

Post a Comment